Easy Appetizers & Dips
Seven Layers of Kevin Bacon
or Southwestern Party Dip
Well, it has seven layers to it. Serve it with taco chips.
- 1 container bean dip
- 1 small carton sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 package taco seasoning
- Shredded cheese (whatever you like -- suggestions: cheddar, monterey
- Black olives, sliced
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Guacamole (avocado, lime juice, garlic, smooshed up along with a little
- Green onions or parsley or cilantro
- Layer 1: Spread the bean dip on a plate.
- Layer 2: Mix the sour cream or yogurt with the taco seasoning.
Spread it on top of the bean dip (let it sit a bit first to set up).
- Layer 3: Guacamole added on top.
- Layer 4: Shredded cheese on top of that.
- Layer 5: Tomatoes.
- Layer 6: Black olives.
- Layer 7: Green onions or parsley or cilantro
"My, Aren't We Crabby" Dip
Crabs hate this recipe. But if you're not a crab, yum! is it good!
- 1 container fresh, frozen, or canned crab meat (you can even use the
- 8 oz package cream cheese (reduced-fat is ok)
- 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise (low-fat works fine)
- lemon juice
- curry powder (secret ingredient)
- Worcestershire sauce
- chopped onion (small amount)
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, curry powder, Worcestershire sauce and onion to taste.
- Gently mix in crabmeat.
- Put mixture into a shallow baking dish and top with grated Parmesan
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes (bubbly, browned on top).
Or, you can microwave it until hot, and just brown the top in the oven.
- Serve with crackers (Triscuits are great).
Ska's The Limit Mango and Citrus Salsa
This is great with fish. But you can just scoop it up and eat it plain or
with anything. It's summer food for sure.
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled and cut into small dice
- juice of two limes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into tiny dice
- 1/4 cut chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled, and cut into a tiny dice
- Fresh green chili (like a jalapeno, or whatever you like or can find)
(be careful peeling hot chili peppers! The oil can leave your fingers
burning. Also, the seeds make it hot, so leave them out (unless you really
like it HOT).
- Put on your favorite ska CD.
- Chop up all the ingredients.
- Put all the chopped stuff in a bowl.